Use the VL1 form when applying for a new small public service vehicle licence. See the download link below the document. Not sure what to do with this form? Read our How to apply for a new SPSV licence guide.
VL1 Form – Applicant details
- Application by an individual: Fill in your name, contact details, PPS number, and your trading name (if different). These details should exactly match those on your current electronic tax clearance certificate.
- Application by a non -EEA national: Fill in the details as above and ensure that in signing the declaration in Section 5 you understand that you are not precluded by any visa permissions or similar conditions from operating a business or being self-employed in the State.
- Application on behalf of a limited company: Fill in the contact name and contact details, the company name and number, and the trading name (if different). These details should exactly match those on the company’s current electronic tax clearance certificate. Note that prior to licence issue the Authority is obliged to record the names and addresses of company directors and all persons who “have control of the company”.
Terms and conditions applying to the operation of a small public service vehicle (SPSV) licence
By applying for the grant of an SPSV licence I agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
- I grant the National Transport Authority permission to verify my tax clearance status with Revenue.
- The National Transport Authority will use the information provided for the purpose of administering the SPSV licensing system and in order to perform the functions assigned to i t by the Taxi Regulation Act 201 3, as amended, including the maintenance of a public register of SPSVs. Information provided will be shared with certain authorised third parties where necessary in order to carry out our licensing functi on and for the purposes of law enforcement. The National Transport Authority is registered with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner and all information sharing will be performed in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
- The National Transport Authority is authorized to collect Personal Public Service (PPS) Numbers for identification purposes only and will not be sharing same with any unauthorized third party.
- The operation of an SPSV licence is subject to the provision s of the T axi Regulation Act 201 3, Road Traffic Acts 1961‐2006, Roads Act 2007, Public Transport Regulation Act 2009 and any statutory instruments made thereunder.
- I confirm that the associated vehicle is taxed, and shall remain insured for use as a small public service vehicle during the period of validity of the licence, unless ownership is transferred.
- I accept that the National Transport Authority may check that my vehicle is insured as a small public service vehicle at any point during the validity of the licence and may forward information obtained from any such check to any relevant agency.
- As the licence holder, I confirm that it is my responsibility to make the booking application.
- I am aware that it is illegal to operate more than one vehicle under the same SPSV vehicle licence number.
- As the licence holder, I am responsible for the ongoing renewal of this licence. I am aware that the licence fee is non-refundable.
- I am aware that a licence certificate will be issued only after passing the Initial Suitability Inspection . I am aware that a fee is payable for issue of a duplicate.
- As the licence holder, it is my responsibility to notify the National Transport Authority of any change to the above details.
- I am aware that any subsequent modifications to the licensed vehicle after the vehicle’s Initial Suitability Inspection may invalidate the licence.
- If a wheelchair accessible licence , I consent to these details being added to the wheelchair accessible licence register.
- If I, as applicant, am a non-national, I declare that I am not precluded, by the conditions pertaining to my permission to be in the State, from operating a business or being self employed in the State.
- As a licence holder I am required to ensure that any person operating a licensed vehicle owned by me holds a valid small public service vehicle driver licence as well as being appropriately insured. I am also required to keep records that substantiate this.
Upon successful application, a conditional offer letter will be sent with a provisional vehicle licence number within 5 to 10 working days. This letter will provide further instructions on how to complete the licensing process. You are advised to ensure that you fully understand the requirements and responsibilities of a SPSV licence holder.