A licence holder can request a change of name by submiting a Form VL7 for the following reasons:
- To reflect a change in the person’s surname following marriage, divorce, etc.
- To correct an error in the name on the existing licence
- This form should be completed with all relevant details and submitted to the National Transport Authority. Properly completed requests will be processed within 5 to 10 working days of receipt.
- You must be tax cleared at time of application as your details will be checked with Revenue.
- Incomplete forms and application s received without the necessary supplementary documentation will be returned to the applicant without being processed.
- If you hold an SPSV driver licence, you should contact An Garda Síochána to request an update of the details on your licence.
- It is your responsibility to send the necessary documentation to the Authority. The Authority cannot accept any responsibility for delays or the licence expiring as a result of incomplete applications.
- Official documentation may include a copy of a passport, birth certificate or, where relevant, a marriage certificate
- If you want to receive an updated licence certificate reflecting your new details there is a charge of €25 per certificate issued. A postal order or bank draft for the relevant amount should be included with this application
Terms and conditions
- I grant the National Transport Authority permission to verify my tax clearance status with Revenue.
- The National Transport Authority will use information provided in this application for the purpose of administering the SPSV licensing system and in order to perform the functions assigned to the National Transport Authority by the Taxi Regulation Act 2003 as amended, including the maintenance of a public register of SPSVs. Information provided will be shared with certain authorised third parties where necessary in order to carry out our licensing function and for the purposes of law enforcement. The National Transport Authority is registered with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner; all information sharing will be performed in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
- The operation of an SPSV licence is subject to the provisions of the Taxi Regulation Act 2003, Road Traffic Acts 1961 ‐2006, Roads Act 2007 and any statutory instruments made thereunder.
- It is the licence holder’s responsibility to notify the National Transport Authority of any change in contact details by calling 0761 064 000