Vehicles licensed as taxis (SPSVs) must satisfy a number of roadworthiness and suitability criteria. We know its hard with the new regulations but we can help we provide a free visual inspection and if anything is wrong we can fix and repair it at very competitive prices. Let us pre-inspect your taxi, and identify any faults and problems that may result in failure of the SGS suitability test.
What We Check
- A fire extinguisher that complies with EN3 standard, as shown on its label; is in date; and is stowed safely in the vehicle.
- A first aid kit that complies with DIN13164 standard or with the Health & Safety Authority’s recommendations.
- A high-visibility reflective safety vest that complies with EN471 standard, as shown on its label.
- An advance -warning triangle, E-marked to 27R standard.
- A torch.
- The appropriate passenger information.
- The National Maximum Taxi Fare sticker ( must be displayed on the sun visor or in a highly visible position in the front passenger area)
- A valid certificate of insurance stating the vehicle regis number and specifying that the vehicle is covered for use as an SPSV
- Your insurance cover will be confirmed on the day of inspection / assessment with reference to your insurance disc
Note: The insurance must be in the name of the vehicle owner and the licence holder.
- Access equipment
- Technical Assessor’s Report
- Type of vehicle
- No advertising
- Assessor’s Basic Report
Model Report Database 22/12/2015
Buying a car to use as a taxi? Check the car makes and models listed below, to see if the car you buying qualifies as a future taxi.